Women in Cybersecurity Workshop
On 21st November, the Charter of Trust hosted a virtual workshop with three key sessions on the topic of 'Women in Cybersecurity' and how to build DEI&C awareness, capability and competence across communities, counting with high-level speakers from the public and private sectors.
High-level speakers from Siemens, Microsoft, Women4Cyber Foundation and TÜV SÜD brought about a very engaging and inspiring discussion, including reflexions on how cybersecurity could become an interesting path for women, as well as enlightening presentations.
Education to cybersecurity and mentorship programmes were among the ideas touched upon for empowering women in the cyber communities and addressing the flagrant gender disparity in the cybersecurity workforce. The discussion also approached on how to retain talents in the sector, as well as challenges and solutions for building diversity, equity and inclusion across the cyberspace.
Speakers & moderators included:
- Anett Mádi-Nátor, President at Women4Cyber Foundation
- Kaja Ciglic, Senior Director, Digital Diplomacy at Microsoft
- Karen Gaines, Global Head of Cybersecurity Defense at Siemens
- Silvia Imran, Vice President Strategic Account Management & Sales Excellence TÜV SÜD and co-founder of the Women’s Network within TÜV SÜD
- Shaleenah Marie-Samsunder, Head of Learning and Development at Siemens South Africa
- Helena Saraiva, Cybersecurity Engagement Manager for Charter of Trust, Siemens
- Jamie Sanderson Reid, Director of Cyber Governance, Risk, and Compliance, The AES Corporation
- Anne Leslie, Risk & Controls Leader Europe, IBM
- Marianna Albuquerque, Deputy Director of Projects CEBRI – Centro Brasileiro de Relações Internacionais
- Alejandro Fernandez-Cernuda Diaz, Director of Engagement, Internet Integrity Program at Global Cyber Alliance
We thank the speakers and moderators for sharing their experiences and recommendations and the hundreds of attendees for an insightful discussion and Q&A session!